Search DC's Musings

Monday, February 2, 2009

Mall Cop Worth A Rental

With one kid dropped off for a Friday night slumber party and one in tow we headed to the movies. Our initial plan was for Leslie and I to take our youngest to "Inkheart"--which I had not heard of until I IMDB'd it on the Blackberry. Having read the plot synopsis I was not enthusiastic, not against going but not thrilled either. At that point Jenna said, "Can we go see Paul Blart instead?" "YES!" was my response--once we saw the PG rating of course.

While I am sure that somewhere in my future "Inkheart" lies, for Friday we enjoyed several laughs viewing Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

Kevin James does a great job playing the role of hypoglycemic, overly serious security officer (not "guard", there have been a lot discussion about this, I'm sure you've read about it...). His physical comedy is very good, and his abilities with the Segway are quite impressive. While it takes a while for the movie to get going, once it does it had Leslie and I laughing out load several times and our almost seven year old in stitches.

If you are looking for something deep and moving pass on Mall Cop, if you want just some simple laughs and fun for the family--or if you are a Segway nut--grab a handful of Pixie Stix and see the movie. Depending your fiscal tolerance this is a borderline pay at the theater versus putting on your Netflix cue for future home viewing.

No comments: